Although the research on this ancient tonic is still being compiled, countless texts, health protocols and age old remedies promote the use of kombucha on an ongoing basis. Here are a handful of the most common benefits attributed to regular consumption of kombucha:
- Digestive aid from the living probiotics
- Liver cleansing from the gluconic acid, resulting in healthier skin & hair.
- Increase of metabolism & resulting decrease of body fat from the healthy bacteria
- Increase of energy from the oxygen rich brew
- Improved PH balance and resulting mental clarity from the alkaline nature of kombucha
Because Kombucha is an adaptogen and can restore balance in compromised bodies, it is best to indulge in moderation. Introducing 175ml per serving, at least 2 times a day for the first week of consumption will ensure a balanced integration of all the living enzymes and beneficial acids.
Wonderful as a digestive with any meal, enjoy 20 minutes prior to or after eating for optimal digestive aid.
To boost energy levels throughout the day, enjoy on an empty stomach, and follow with equal amounts of water. Be sure not to drink too close to sleep time as it can be quite stimulating.
Although many women find Kombucha to be balancing for the hormonal system, it contains a high amount of lactic acid, and therefore pregnant women should consult their physician before consuming.